Municipal Grants & Bursaries
The objective of municipal grants is to provide financial assistance for not-for-profit organizations, groups and associations that are providing meaningful support services to the communities within the Municipality of Yarmouth. The financial assistance is intended to recognize the value of these services and offset some of the financial burden borne by the community organizations.
The application process for Municipal Grants opens on January 1st and closes on April 15th of each year. Applications received after the deadline and throughout the fiscal year will be referred to the budget process for the following fiscal year. An amount of $7500.00 of the grants budget will be set aside as a contingency. Applications received after the April 15th deadline will only be considered if the applicant can show that the need is urgent and could not reasonably have been anticipated prior to the beginning of the fiscal year and no other sources of funding are available.
Click on the following links to view the Municipality of Yarmouth Grants Policy (G-068-09) as well as the grants application form. Please be sure to sign and date the application form prior to submitting to our office.
Each year the Municipality of Yarmouth receives applications for more funding than is available. The intent of the Grants Policy is to ensure equal opportunity to participate in the funding available and to establish predetermined standards that are clear to all applicants.
Click on the following link to view the list of the approved Municipality of Yarmouth 2019 Grants to Organizations.
Municipality of Yarmouth Leaders of Tomorrow Bursary
The Council of the Municipality of the District of Yarmouth recognizes the importance of post-secondary education in an individual's professional pursuits. Furthermore, Council acknowledges the value of a well trained workforce to the region's continued economic vitality. To that end, Council has established two annual bursary awards in the amount of $1000.00 each. To qualify for a Municipality of Yarmouth Leaders of Tomorrow Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Successfully complete the requirements for a Nova Scotia High School Diploma at a public or private school or;
* Provide documentation of equivalency to Nova Scotia High School Diploma where the student is home schooled;
* Be accepted to a program of study at a university, community college level or technical school;
* Reside in the Municipality of Yarmouth or be the child of a residential rate payer in the Municipality of Yarmouth.
* Complete the application form
* Demonstrate to Municipal Council, in a 150 word essay, how this award will impact the applicant's access to higher education
* Include transcript including marks for first semester of grade 12.
Municipality of Yarmouth Leaders of Tomorrow Bursary Application Form
Municipality of Yarmouth
932 Highway 1
Hebron, NS B5A 5Z5
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration Office at 902-742-7159.