The Municipality of the District of Yarmouth is looking for an experienced administrative professional to support members of our Development and Public Works teams. The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position which will provide a diverse range of administrative support, including implementing administrative systems and procedures and supporting the directors in coordinating the daily activities of the two departments. A key responsibility will be the preparation of department correspondence. This position requires a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of policies and legislation relevant to the Public Works and Development Departments. This position will be the main point of contact for clients and the public.
We offer a competitive salary range and comprehensive benefits package. The Municipality of Yarmouth is committed to a safe, diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 2-3 years previous education and/or experience in the administrative field and be familiar with the expectations and requirements of this type of work. In addition, you will have an ease with technology, proven computer and organizational skills, and be able to take direction from multiple individuals.
To be successful in this role, you will need the ability to multi-task, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effectively prioritize workloads. A strong service orientation is also a must as you will be greeting the public and clients.
In addition to the above, to be successful in this role you will need the following:
- A proven track record of providing quality administrative support in a professional office setting;
- Ability to exercise tact in dealing with people and can maintain complete confidentiality;
- The ability to work independently and seek direction when appropriate;
- Highly proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Technically savvy; comfortable using and learning a wide range of programs;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with excellent grammar and formatting skills;
- Strong quality orientation demonstrated through completing tasks with high attention to detail and timeliness;
- Proven ability to organize and coordinate work and flexibility to manage changing priorities;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Good judgement and decision-making ability;
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic;
- Committed to continuous growth and learning; and
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on whatever needs doing.
Bilingual (English and French) will be an asset.
Applications must be received no later than 4:30 pm, Friday, December 20, 2019.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.