Municipality of Yarmouth
Public Works Department – Casual position
Do you enjoy working outside? Working with your hands? This job would be perfect for someone who is semi-retired and looking for extra employment hours! The Municipality of Yarmouth is looking to fill a casual position with the Public Works Department to work as a member of the Public Works team in ensuring the maintenance and operation of Municipal infrastructure. We are looking for someone who could be available year-round, and would be able to come to work on short notice. This would be to fill in for vacations, leave, etc.
Please note: we cannot guarantee a specific number of hours of work.
* Physically capable of performing grounds keeping related activities and various maintenance tasks (ability to lift heavy loads)
* Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions;
* Ability to troubleshoot problems with mechanical and electrical systems
* Flexibility with work hours and availability to be on-call
* Ability to operate and maintain heavy equipment would be an asset
* Must have driver’s license
* Safety training would be an asset (for example first aid, confined space, etc.)
* Will be required to provide driving abstract and criminal background check prior to hiring.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Should you wish to be considered for any future employment opportunities at the Municipality of Yarmouth, resumes will be held in our office files for a period of six months.
The Municipality of the District of Yarmouth is committed to a safe, diverse and inclusive workplace.
For more information on employment opportunities in this area, please go to the links below.